Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Five fights that were better than "Mayweather vs. Pacquiao"- By Ryan



1. Bobby Hill vs. Hank Hill (King of the Hill)
Dirty pool mister.
Sure the "fight of the century" was star-studded, but I'm pretty sure Boomhauer was hand to witness this fight.  
ALSO, there was more action.  When Manny would get a "flurry" going, Floyd would just hug him until it was broken up by the ref.  When Hank got a "flurry" going on Bobby, Bobby yelled "I don't know you, that's my purse" and planted a foot straight into Hank's fellas.   Imagine if that happened on Saturday night, it could have truly lived up to it's "fight of the century" bill.

2. Barry Badgernath vs. Todd Wolfhouse (Beerfest)
I HATE YOU BARRY BADGERNATH

Sure, they had comically oversized boxing gloves on.  And sure Barry was wearing a 70's wedding tuxedo, while Todd wore a matching wedding dress.  And sure the cops broke it up before a single punch was thrown, but they were fighting for honor.  Barry slept with Todd's wife.  They still left on a 5 person bike, as friends.  Some things in life are more important than sleeping with other peoples wives.  Like beer.  Beer is more important.

3. Little Mac vs. Glass Joe (Punchout)

More punches thrown, and an all around better fight.  Plus it's Little Mac's first professional victory as a fighter.  Did you even wonder, while you were a kid playing Mike Tyson's Punch Out, why King Hippo's dong never fell out while his shorts were being knocked down? I mean, he's a big dude, you have to figure he's rocking something massive in those trunks, yet no spillage.



4. Any fight in hockey

Seriously, instead of paying 100 bucks to watch two idiots doing nothing in a rings for 12 rounds, watch any NHL game.   You'll see a fight that might only last less than a minute, but will have more punches thrown, more intensity, and more action than any of "Money Mayweathers" fights combined. 

5.The Hulk vs. Ironman in Hulkbuster armor


Okay, duh.  This fight beats most of them, but it makes me feel happy that while I happily paid money to watch Avengers Age of Ultron and see this epic battle, I watched the shitty "fight of the century" for free.  I can go on all day about what a piece of shit Floyd Mayweather is, and how awesome the avengers movies is, but I won't.  Later in the week, I'll provide my full review of "Age of Ultron" but until now, I say boxing is fucked, and I'm sorry if you shelled out money hoping to see Manny beat Floyd's ass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment